Chilli, one of my most favourite foods, A simple meal, It’s the perfect meal for get togethers, family or friends, and it’s also perfect for batch cooking if you want to plan ahead for both dinners and lunches. This bean chilli is packed full of goodness and with the Cashew Cheesy Vegan Sauce you will not be disappointed. Plant based cooking made easy and enjoyed by everyone even if you aren’t plant based/vegan you will love this.
It can be frozen and for 2 months, or keep it stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. Serve with rice, a jacket potato, sweet potato, tortilla chips, however you feel, the vegan cheesy sauce will go with it all. If you fancy it as a light lunch serve with a hole heap of spinach and rocket, that’s such a fresh meal and SO TASTY …don’t forget the sauce.
The cheesy sauce can be stored in the fridge for 3 days…you can even use this for a tasty creamy sauce with mushrooms, broccoli and mixed through with pasta…I will share a recipe for this so you can try it out! So versatile !!
If you want to make for more people simply double the quantities.
- The Chilli
- 1 400g Can Red Kidney Beans Drained
- 1 400g Can cannellini beans Drained
- 2 400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Red Pepper Chopped
- 1 White Onion Chopped
- 2 Carrot, Peeled and chopped
- 3- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Tsp Cacao
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tsp Chilli Powder (I like mine so hot a stir a few chilli flakes through at the end)
- Olive Oil (A glug to cook with)
- Fresh Coriander (To top)
- The Cashew Cheese Sauce (VEGAN)
- 1 Cup Cashew Nuts (soaked in hot water 30 mins)
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper (To be honest I use more than a pinch, I love pepper)
- 6 Tbsp Water (You can use the water from the soaked Cashews)
- The Chilli
- I like to get everything prepped before I get stuck into cooking so make sure everything is chopped, peeled, drained, the lot, and placed on the side ready to go. Place the spices into a small bowl together so they are ready to go too. At this point get the cashews in hot water and set to one side.
- Place a glug of olive oil in a large pan, add in the onions, the garlic and carrots, cook for 5 mins. Then add the spices and cook for another 2-3 mins, at this point you may want to add a few Tbsp of water. Add the Pepper, chopped tomatoes, the Cacao Powder and balsamic, Cook for another 15 mins and then add the beans and cook for a final 10 mins. Season to taste and if like me you like your chilli extra hot add a Tsp of chilli flakes. IT'S ready to go !!! YUM
- The Cashew Cheese Sauce
- To a blender take 6 Tbsp water from the soaking cashews then drain them. Place the drained cashews into the blender also, then add in the nutritional yeast, sea salt, pepper and the lemon juice. Blitz this up to a creamy consistency, if it is to thick add a little more water, you want it so that it can be drizzled over your chilli.
- Serve with jacket potatoes, sweet potato or rice. Drizzle with the Vegan Cheesy sauce and ENJOY MY LOVELIES