So it’s a new month and we all can use that something new to invite changes. We should start each day as a new beginning not just when it is a new month or a new year. We can wake to tackle a day ahead and sometimes we wake with the exact same negative thoughts as we have all week, all month, all year, but each fresh day should give you the strength to wake feeling re energised. I am so guilty of this, as I have discussed in my blog posts previous I now live a life of Interstitial Cystitis, it can creep up on you when you least expect it and even I can forget what it is like to cope with, I will blame everything around me when it is actually my health that is leading me to a negative way of thinking and after over a week of feeling this way it has taken its toll on me but I know my mind one thing that can turn this around, It simply has to be or I will just allow this to take control of me and I refuse to let that happen.
“You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.” – Elizabeth Gilbert.
I feel that in a world of fitness and diet we really do forget that our minds need work also because without a positive mental attitude neither diet nor fitness can be controlled in a healthy sustainable way. If we spent as much time as we do at the gym and worrying about what we eat as we did on our minds we would be far more in control and not allow things take control of us.
- Remember that your thought process alone can make you stronger.
- Take a moment for yourself everyday. Sit alone for even 5 minutes and switch off, just be. Meditation is something I am going to work on and I really believe that this is an amazing thing that we can all learn from.
- Take a moment to think how you actually feel, find any places in those feelings that make prevent your mind from moving forward. This is important. I really feel that times we need to face up to our demons and tackle them head on, putting them to the back of your mind only allows them to re appear at moments of lows.
- Look at the positives from the situation. Focusing on only the negatives will only make you stay put you’ll neither go back nor move forward. You’ll only feel trapped and each day feeling like this will only make it more difficult to climb out and be free.
- Become a doer. Don’t sit and think if only, get up and write a list and act upon it. I don’t mean having to spend lots of money on for example travel, I mean the small everyday things in life that we all avoid but can make you feel much more in control from completing such simple tasks.
- Keep your mind healthy as much as you choose to exercise or eat clean. Do the same for the mind and I promise that exercise and diet will be far more sustainable and balanced.
- Keep an open mind. Try not to be a skeptic, what might make you happier may be sat there waiting for you but if you choose to believe that being mindful or trying out new things like yoga and meditation or reading a book to help with mindfulness is a sign of weakness, stupid or a joke it will only limit you. Don’t let skeptical thoughts limit your being.
- If you need time out take it. There’s no shame in feeling tired or worn down by life, sometimes it hits you when you least expect it. One thing I have learnt since being diagnosed with interstitial cystitis is that time out is allowed. To feel weak for feeling this way is only prohibiting yourself, so listen to your body believe in yourself and look after you health and mind.
- Life can take over and you can totally loose yourself within it, sometimes you take on more because there’s an underlying problem you are trying to avoid so instead you take on more things to avoid it. Avoiding any situation is a no no, it can lead to far worse circumstances and send your mind in to a complete spin. Try to deal with things head on, take the bull by the horns as they say then move on. Take the issue, deal with it, then put it in the bin, move forward and learn your lesson from it to make you a better person in the process.
- And finally let things be. Don’t live with a life full of hate or bitterness. Say what you have to say and move on don’t hold a grudge it will only eat away at you and prevent you from being truly happy. Being kind to others is really being kind to yourself, if you learn that you’ll gain a huge sense of emotional freedom. We are all living our lives with, you don’t know what others are going through so try your best not to judge you have no clue truly to how that persons feels so I repeat..be kind. Something I have come to learn, I have made these mistakes and it has left me feeling empty;
“Don’t judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes”
Love Sarah xxx