Hey guys, I hope you all have that Friday feeling J and as it’s Friday I thought what better time to talk wine #NationalDrinkWineDay
Alcohol in general for IC sufferers is not recommended during flares or recovery. However when your urinary symptoms have improved, it may be worth trying these following little suggestions:
- Try lower acid wines like Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio & Merlot. These may be more bladder friendly and work for you.
- ‘Wine on the rocks’ I would suggest this to anyone not just ICer’s. it’s so so good, not only is it fresh and chilled but it dilutes the wine making it a little more IC friendly
- Drink water in between glasses of wine this reduces overall irritation.
- Go steady, if you start to feel pain in the bladder switch to water.
- Have fun Remember that IC lives with you, you don’t live with IC work out how to fit it around your life and gain balance.
Have a lovely Friday